Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Tab Anthology

HONORABLE BLUE

JOSH BERGER: lead guitar, vocals
SCOTT KRAMER: piano, organ, keyboards
BRENT JOHNSON: vocals, guitar, keyboards
BRYAN COHEN: bass guitar, guitar


KEY:
I=Intro
V=Verse
C=Chorus
B=Bridge
M8=Middle-Eight
E=End

"BASEMENT JAM"
Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

V---A D C
C---A C D F
B---F E D D# A

(c) 2002 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"BETTER OFF THIS WAY"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

V---Bm A G A
C---D A Bm G

You like to think you have always been alone
Cheated of your right to in love
Maybe that's been true, but the moment I met you
There's been nothing else that I've thought of

We are both here now, strange as it may seem to you
And I am ever willing to hold on
So don't you think its time to try every thing that's passed you by
I'm giving you a reason to move on
won't you come along?

CHORUS:
I believe it
Dreams are never meant to die
You just throw them all away
but baby not today
I'll be standing next to you
Bury all your worries, too
You're better off this way
Better off than yesterday

So you're thinking now things are gonna change somehow
Even though I swear to always be
Melting any chance of another failed romance
Can't you put a little trust in me?

When you're looking down, I will always be around
Nothing that you love will fall away
So dream as if they'll all come true, dream and they will come to you
I swear that you'll be better off this way
It'll be ok...

CHORUS

(c) 2001/2002 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"BLUE"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

(Capo on the 1st fret)

V---C Em
C---Am F C G

Waiting in his memory
all these little trouble he has left
Until another day
Each and every time
he wanders to his mind, he comes away

Sleeping off the vengance
swearing he's ok with what she's done
Still he remembers
Buried all the time
at least until lets her overcome this calm

CHORUS #1
And so he sits away
Hoping still again she'll call him
"Baby"
Maybe
He'll think that she will come
To recue him away
Well, maybe
But lately
He doesn't move
At all

Bluer than before
bluer than the man that he was yesterday
If that's a man at all
Scraping thoughts together
to see what he can hate a little more

She told him once before
it's just a shame you can't pull things together
I could have loved you
But he took it as a sign
that no one takes the time to look him through

CHORUS #2:
And so he sits away
Thinking still that someone will say
"Baby"
Maybe
He will understand
There's so much he could do
Well, maybe
But lately
He doesn't move
At all

Forever he will sit
blue as sky, darkened by the night
And by his ignorance
To see that all his love
never could live up to what she needed

But all he'll ever see
is everything that he believes she's taken
And he'll remember
Each and every day
he let her get away
He let her go, go away

CHORUS #2

CHORUS #1

And so he sits away...
Never to love again...
Never to love again...

(c) 2002 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"DIM MY HEAD"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson

V---G Bb G Bb G Bb F
C---F C E
F C E
F C E
A C

Baby, dim my head
Baby, from what went wrong
Baby, I don't believe
That, baby, we're all alone

It's not my fault that I've been
crying for you, dying for you now
I do it so easily
It's just that I believe
it's now or never, it's forever now
It's in my way

CHORUS #1:
Baby, dim my head
Baby, I don't belong
Baby, I need my time
'Cause, baby, it's been hard to find

I can't believe that life is
better dying, I've been crying now
It happens so easily
It's getting better for
the ones who blame me, spread my name around
It makes their day

CHORUS #2:
Baby, I believe that you should stay away
'Cause I can't anymore
Baby, dim my head 'cause I've been calling
Falling at your door
Dim my head
Dim my head

(c) 2000 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson (ASCAP)

"HARD TO HOLD"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

V---D Am C G
C---G D/F# C
G D/F# C
G D/F# C
A C D
B---Em Am Em Am Em Am C G
Em Am Em Am Em Am A C

Every day we wait for the traffic to stop
As the cars pass us by in the street
You walk through the lobby of the local hotel
And never talk to the people you meet
Your heart is racing as you bust open the door
Of the office building you have worked your whole life for
You count down the hours and wait on the time
You say that it eases your mind
When everyone is cold
The night is still young
But baby it's so hard to hold

The suffering of everything
In your life is nothing at all
When you know that things could get much worse
When you don't know when you will fall
You run from everything you know to be
The hell that will follow and bring you down to you to your knees
You catch your breath and look for a way
To get through the morning, to get through the day
But the time doesn't grow old
The night is still young
But baby it's so hard to hold

BRIDGE:
We use the power to rise above
The things that you never had
We close our eyes and close our minds
From the things we know are bad
There's a lot of passion and a lot of pain
Inside of our hearts tonight
There's a love that surrender's in the heart of time
That we hold on to so tight

The traffic cop stops the cars
As you walk onto the drive
You try to hold on for a moment
So you can stay alive
You run and hide from the pain you say
Swallows your pride and takes all your hunger away
Maybe if you find what's real
You'll know how to love and know how to feel
You never will go cold
The night is still young
But baby it's so hard to hold

(c) 1998/2000 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"HAVE YOU EVER FELT LIKE THIS?"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson

V---Dm C Dm C
Bb F G Dm C Am C Dm
Dm C Dm C
Bb F G A
C---Dm F Dm F
C Bb Dm C Am C Dm
E---F C Bb

Have you ever felt like this?
Have you ever cried over someone who
Couldn’t wait to hear your voice
Couldn’t wait to see you ?

Have you ever felt the night
When you can’t sleep from sorrow?
Wishing that she will tell you why
You won’t see her tomorrow

CHORUS:
Maybe I should be away
From someone who could feel that way
But still you can't go
You know her kiss

Have you ever felt like this?
Have you ever reached for something
That you couldn’t have anymore?
But you’re left wanting

Have you ever felt like this?
Have you ever starred into an eye
That couldn’t wait to say hello
But settled for goodbye?

CHORUS

I thought it would last forever but not like this...
I thought it would last forever but not like this...

(c) 2001 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson (ASCAP)

"HOMESICK"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson

V---D G Bm A
B---G A F#m G A
C---D G Bm A
E---D G D G D A D

Everyday
I get further and further away
From what you say
And how you take all my time away

BRIDGE #1:
To bring yourself
Some more attention from me
But I just beg
Somebody help me

CHORUS:
I get homesick, yes I'm homesick
Even just a little gets me caught up in the middle
well
I get homesick, I'm just homesick
In any case, in any place, you just keep me away

And everyday I climb
Higher and higher from you
And everyday you whine
A little bit louder, what's new?

BRIDGE #2:
I believe
You'd just scream to drag me down
A little more
To where nobody can save me

CHORUS

Everyday, I can't wait
Maybe you will let me be
Yes, I pray, everyday
Maybe this time you will see...

CHORUS

(c) 2001 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson (ASCAP)

"HOW CAN I BE SURE?"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

(Capo on the 3rd fret)

V---G Em G Em
C Am C Am
G Em G Em
C Am C D
C---G Em Am C
M8---Bm A D G

I've been told
I am bound to grow old
And I believed
my life would be received
Without someone
to even cry for
'Cause I don't want to try for
something I didn't try for

CHORUS 1:
If I could only fly
I'd spread my wings on high
But, how can I be sure?
It's never been done before

Well, she walked in
and I didn't sink or swim
I just stayed
wherever the music played
She made the move
and asked for my name
What have I to lose?
she'd be to blame

CHORUS 2:
If I could only fly
I'd spread my wings on high
But, how can I be sure?
It's never been done before
Well, this day was bound to come
Now, I'm not the only one
But, not being the lonely one
Is easier said than done

MIDDLE-EIGHT:
'Cause I have hurt myself before
But, still I think I could do more
With someone there to walk me through this game
'Cause now I swear I play in vein

So, now I see
what's there in front of me
Just like before
only now the door
Is open wide
but, still it seems
There's nothing there
like all my dreams

CHORUS 2

(c) 2000 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"I GUESS THAT'S GOODBYE"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

V---A D
A D
G D A
G D E
C---D A C#m D E
D A E
E---D D/C# Bm A

There you go
waiting there without me
And there I stand
a stranger to this feeling
I thought that we were there
to make it all work out
but you couldn't stand the meeting
Well, maybe it was me
but you couldn't let it be
you had to let it go

So there you stare
like a picture in a gallery
Making sure you laugh
that maybe I would take it easy
But even if I did
I couldn't wait to let it in
no, I couldn't stop the bleeding
And you wouldn't even cry
but should I be surprised?
you never had before

CHORUS:
And I couldn't wait
But you couldn't stay
You wouldn't say anymore to me
So that's how it is this time
between you and I
Well, I guess that's goodbye

I tried to dream
but that only was deceiving
I couldn't bear to think
that all those images were fleeting
And I couldn't bear to smile
I couldn't even drink
to whatever I'd been weaving
In a tangled mess of dreams
still it only seems
it's never any good

CHORUS

(c) 2003 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"THE INTRO"
Music by Josh Berger

V---A B A E
C---C#m E C#m E C#m A B

(c) 2000/2002 "LIving It!" Music, Inc./Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"JUST TO WAIT AGAIN"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson

V---G C G C G C G
F E Am D
F C C F G
C---C F G

You see her waiting for the train
that never comes but she still thinks it will
And though she swears it doesn't rain
she spends her life like a hundred dollar bill
And she wakes-up in the night
waiting for someone to come along
And she sits there in the light
Just to wait again

Maybe someone will see her there
hear the screaming that she used to be a star
But destiny fades quicker than its told
and dwelling on it never got her far
And those fake smiles crack on sight
like reflections that her mother said were wrong
And she sits there in the light
Just to wait again

Oh and someday, someday, one day
Ring in those places keeping up faces
She cares whenever they tell her to
And she still thinks that she's the one who wants to
Dance and smile and sing for them
"They do me well, they brought me in"
She just doesn't know that's it's just beginning to die
She can't figure out why

There's a place within her heart
whispering dreams that she wishes could come true
Maybe they will see this harmony
that keeps all of these dreams from falling through
But there's silence every night
though she swears by things she ought to say
And she sits there in the light
Just to wait again

Oh and someday, someday, one day
Ring in those places keeping up faces
She laughs on cue, smiling, too
And she still thinks it's all worth doing
Do this and do this then
"They would never ever steer me wrong again"
But all this time sits and questions when
Just to wait again
Just to wait again...

She swears that she cares
But, it's theirs---they're over her
She cries---it's no surprise
They have control of her

(c) 2001 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson (ASCAP)

"MALL SCENE"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson

V/B/C---G C Em D
M8---F C G D
F C G D
F C G D
F C E
E---A E F

Desperation---why do we take it all in?
It's just a television scheme that we've been building on
Ooo, and we follow, sometimes in secrecy
Even though we know who they depend upon

BRIDGE:
And that's the way it is
Don't try to give it away
And that's the way it has been
Don't try to give it away

And it's the same thing
Even if you try to forget about it
It's the same thing
Even if you can get away

Conversation---it's their method of pay
Even though they're not much older than us
And the situations that they put us in
"We'd like to thank you for your love," but not your conscience

BRIDGE

And it's the same thing
Even if you try to forget about it
It's the same thing
Even if you can wash your hands from the same mall scene

MIDDLE-EIGHT:
Don't you ever wonder why the world turns out this way?
It seems like every chance you take is just a price to pay
What appears to be so simple takes the hardest road to find
It's just a shame it's all the same, it happens all the time

It's a river flowing to a waterfall
It changes every time it flows away
But, who'll deliver when all the water's dry?
It is you who dreams tomorrow from the things you see today
Make it better than the things you see today

And it's the same thing
Even if you try to forget about it
It's the same thing
Every time you try to make it in the same mall scene

(c) 1999/2001/2002 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson (ASCAP)

"MY GALAXY"
Words & Music by Josh Berger

I---A Asus
V---G D A Asus A Asus
C---F C G D
F C A
E---G D A
G D A

I don't know why we stay below
On this planet, there's not much to show
Take a ride with me far, far away
Once you're there, that's where you'll want to stay

We don't know where the future leads
Together of apart neither of us sees
So come on now, climb upon this jet
Here on earth, you ain't seen nothing yet

CHORUS #1:
Questions turn to answers
When you take this ride with me
Non-stop to my galaxy
Problems obliterated
And no more adversity
Come on to my galaxy

Here we go, now the stage is set
Redeem your ticket, get on the jet
Mission control is ready for lift-off
To our own special star-filled loft

Past the sun and beyond the stars
From this world, we'd be very far
Alone with you, my company
Be brave and take this wild, wild journey

CHORUS #2:
Together is what matters
Us alone, just you and me
Non-stop to my galaxy
Utopian company
Is what you are for me
Come on to my galaxy

(c) 2000 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"ST. THERESA"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

V/C---Am G F E
M8---Am Dm E

Higher than the moon, you shine brightly
At least in my eyes
Better yet, forget the sunset
If you're not there to rise

Images from a window
Ooh, just to see you
And even if I could steal a word
From those who want to be you
St. Theresa

Other men have held their breath
Just to feel yours on their skin
And other women have played with fire
To tame your kind of passion

Oh, your home lies in my arms
Where you left your kiss
Some say I'm just like the others
But, none have come to this
St. Theresa

MIDDLE 8:
Hold me...I'll hold you
Let me in, let me in, just to behold you
Don't take me away, unless it's just with you
They can't touch me...they can't touch me...they can't

So, I'll meet you somewhere
Where we have met before
If I ever love another
Then, there's nothing to love for

So, I'll keep my promise
To love you in my dreams
Since I couldn't break the marriage
Of you and the others who scream

(c) 2000 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

"THERE FOR ME"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson, Josh Berger,and Scott Kramer

V---D/F# Bm
D/F# Bm A
B---G A
C---D A Bm G A G D/F#

I ran to you softly
But you turned away slowly
Now lonliness is growing
Where our love was over-flowing

BRIDE #1:
Now I just wish I knew
If you've lost what made you

CHORUS:
Everything inside of me
Everything that died in me
Always seems to hide me
I don't want it anymore
I wish you would care for me
If only you were there for me
Everything inside of me
Would open there at your door

I can reason reason
That there was nothing in-between us
'Cause I seem to remember
How you wanted us together

BRIDGE #2:
Oh, there once was
A kind of glory in your voice

CHORUS

BRIDGE #3:
Oh, there was a time
That you were innocent, you were mine

CHORUS

Dream a little dream of me...
Dream a little dream of you...

(c) 2001 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger/Scott Jordan Kramer (ASCAP)

"VERBOSE"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson

I---C Am C Am
V---C Em7 Am F C
C Em7 Am F G
Am G C
C---G C G Am C Am C Am C
G C Em7 Am

Falling down
But I am still with you
Here I am
I've been crownded
The fool of a million
The face of a man
And still I've been to hell and back
just for you
just for you...

Misery likes
To drown you in feelings
you can't avoid
If I could fight
An army of millions
I'd have no choice
But, only dreams are danger
if not for you
if not for you...

CHORUS:
I don't care and I don't mind
If this is all I ever find
Call me crazy but love is fine
It may sound lazy
to say the things I've said before
to hear them so often that you need them more
it's the redundancy that's so verbose
That makes the words "I love you" so close

Go ahead
Change the subject
Change your mind
As I've said
It isn't so easy
You're pulled behind
But it doesn't cost a thing
to sing for you
to sing for you...

CHORUS

No I don't need a thing
but you
only you...

CHORUS

(c) 1998/2000/2001 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson (ASCAP)

"WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY?"
Words & Music by Brent Johnson & Josh Berger

V/C---D G D G D G Em A

Oh, you seem like a wave
Crashing over me now
Like a dream I can't play
Oh, nothing is bad
It's something that I've never had
I'll take it that way

CHORUS:
Oh, please say I can stay
What else can I say?
What price could I pay?
Oh, if I sink like a stone
At least, I won't be alone
You're all that I know

I'm past what I was before
Now that I've found the shore
You call me and it's what I been needing
We can erase every storm
With you, the waters are warm
Life now can stop all it's bleeding

CHORUS

(c) 2001 "Living It!" Music, Inc./Brent David Johnson/Joshua Craig Berger (ASCAP)

No comments: